SMG Water You Doing Comic Strip Contest
1 April - 15 May 2020
#SMGWaterYouDoing Comic Strip Contest (“Contest”) is organised by Landasan Lumayan Sdn Bhd (the “Organiser”).This is a fun comic strip design competition that calls on participants to reflect on what we are doing to our rivers and how, together, we can change mindsets and save our water source for our own future.
Participants are invited to put their creative talents to use by drawing a comic strip on one of the following subjects:
- Stop River Pollution
- Be A River Guardian
- Clean River, Our Future
By entering this Contest, you agree to be bound by and comply with these terms and conditions, which shall form a valid and binding agreement between you and the Organiser. The Organiser reserves the rights to amend, add to or remove any of these Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion without prior notice.
- This Contest will commence on 1 April 2020 and ends at 6.00pm on 15 May 2020 (“Contest Period”).
- The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion extend the Contest Period at any time without any prior notice.
- The participant must be a citizen or permanent resident of Malaysia who holds a valid National Registration Identification Card (NRIC) number (12 digits) and is above the age of 18 years at the time of participation.
- The following persons are not eligible to participate in said Contest:
- permanent and/or contract employees of the Organiser (and its related companies) and their immediate family members (their parents, spouses, children, siblings, and their respective spouses); and
- representatives and/or agents (including public relations agents and contest management agents) of the Organiser and their immediate family members (their parents, spouses, children, siblings, and their respective spouses).
- To participate in this Contest, the participant must:
- Design a comic strip in 1 to 5 squares.
- Comic strips can either be hand drawn or digital, black and white or in colour.
- There is no limitation on word or text usage, but the use of foul language will immediately disqualify the entry. Comic strips can only be in Bahasa Malaysia or English.
- All entries must be the participant’s original work.
- Use of Clip Art or existing graphics is not allowed on digital drawings.
- We encourage comic strips to contain speech bubbles and text to convey the message more powerfully, but they must not contain logos, commercial material or names of actual people, and must respect the Organiser’s values. It shall not include any watermark.
- If the comic strip features the face of a real person, the author must be able to provide (upon request) a signed document proving that the portrayed person has authorised the use of his or her image for non-commercial purposes.
- Participants can submit multiple entries, but each comic strip must be unique.
- Post the comic strip on your own Instagram account and please ensure your account is public.
- Remember to follow and tag @selangor_maritime_gateway and hashtag #SMGWaterYouDoing in your post to qualify for this contest. You can also include other relevant hashtags.
- As this is a Draw, Share and Win contest, qualified entries will be shortlisted based on the highest number of likes for each #SMGWaterYouDoing post on your own Instagram account, subject to it meeting the stipulated requirements of the contest.
- Shortlisted comic strips will then be posted on the Selangor Maritime Gateway Instagram account and will be open for voting for 7 days. During this time, followers of SMG’s account can vote for their favourite entry via likes.
- Should there be a tie, the contest winner will be picked according to the creativity, originality, and accuracy of their comic strip and determined by the Organiser at their sole discretion, and such determination shall be final and binding.
- The Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value at any time at their absolute discretion without prior notice.
- The prize is not exchangeable, non-transferable, and not replaceable if stolen or lost.
- All transportation, accommodation, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or related expenses that are incurred to participate in the Contest and to collect the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- In the event the Organiser is required to post/courier the prize to a winner, the Organiser will not be held liable of non-receipt of the prize or damages caused to it during the delivery process. No replacement and/or exchange of the prize will be entertained.
- The prizes are in cash, as follows:
1st prize – RM2,000
2nd prize – RM1,000
3rd prize – RM500
10 consolation prizes of RM100 each
1. By participating in this Contest and/or accepting the prize, each participant and/or winner:
- consents (i) to the use of the materials in his/her contest entry, his/her name and/or comic strip as materials for the purposes of advertising, trade and/or publicity without any compensation; and/or (ii) to the collection, use and disclosure to any third party service providers and/or partners by the Organiser, of any personal data provided by a participant to the Organiser in conjunction with the Contest, for such purposes as Organiser deemed necessary of the administration and management of the Contest;
- agrees that the Organiser shall not be responsible and no claim relating to any losses or injuries shall be asserted against the Organiser for any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from the Contest and acceptance or usage of any prize, including without limitation personal injuries, death or property damage; and
- warrants and represents that the content posted in the comment section of the contest post will not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, or any other rights of any third party.
2. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram.
For more information or enquiries, please contact us via Facebook / Instagram Private Message on Selangor Maritime Gateway’s social media pages on Mondays to Fridays, 9:00am to 6:00pm.
- By participating in the Contest, the participant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any rules and regulations of the Contest made by the Organiser.
- The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any entries that do not meet the rules and regulations of the Contest including entries submitted with incomplete, invalid, or incorrect information.
- Each Contest winner is eligible for ONE (1) prize only. Prizes are non-transferable.
- The Contest winner will be announced by telephone and/or email and/or on the Organiser’s website or social media pages at the end of the Contest Period or any extension of period to be decided at the Organiser’s sole and absolute discretion. In the event that any such Contest winner is not contactable after three (3) attempts, the Contest winner will be disqualified from the Contest and a new winner from a reserved list will be selected at the Organiser’s sole and absolute discretion. The initial selected Contest winner will be disqualified and will have no recourse towards the Organiser or anyone involved in the Contest. The Organiser reserves the right to deal with any unclaimed prizes in any manner deemed fit at its sole and absolute discretion.
- The Organiser reserves the right to use any other method or medium that it deems fit at its sole and absolute discretion for the purpose of contacting and/or announcing the Contest winner.
- All taxes, insurance, logistics and other expenses as the case may be, unless specifically stated, are the sole responsibility of the Contest winner.
- If due to any circumstances beyond control where the Organiser is unable to provide the stated prizes or any part thereof, the Organiser reserves the right to substitute the prizes with any item of equal or greater value, to be determined at the Organiser’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Acceptance of any prize shall constitute consent on the Contest winner’s part to allow the use of the Contest winner’s name, image, video footage, voices and/or likeness by the Organiser for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes without further compensation in any media for an unlimited period of time except where prohibited by the law.
- The Organiser’s decision regarding the award of all prizes, and/or in every situation including any which is not covered under this Terms & Conditions, shall be final and binding on all participants of the Contest, and no queries, challenges or appeals may be made or entertained regarding the Organiser’s decision on the same. The receipt by any Contest winner of any prizes under this Contest is conditional upon compliance with any applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Acceptance of the prizes shall constitute a release and discharge the Organiser, affiliates, directors, officers, employees or agents by each of the Contest winner from all liability, claims, demands, causes of action, and/or damages (including special, indirect and consequential losses) which the Contest winner may have, whether known or unknown at the present time, of any nature whatsoever, arising out of or relating to: (i) the Contest, (ii) personal injury and/or property damage, theft or loss suffered by the Contest winner as a result of the use and/or enjoyment of the prize, and/or (iii) any tax liabilities in relation to the Contest, prize and/or use or enjoyment of the same.
- Each individual participating to the Contest acknowledges that in respect of any Personal Information disclosed by him/her to the Organiser: a) he/she is authorised to disclose such Personal Information; b) such disclosure complies with Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and any Privacy Legislation from any country, within the geographical scope of the Contest; c) he/she is consenting to the use of such Personal Information by the Organiser as contemplated by the Contest application (including, without limitation, the disclosure of such Personal Information to the Organiser’s external agencies or third parties); he/she have read, understand and agreed to the terms and conditions of this Contest.
- The Organiser reserves the right to change, amend, and revise these Terms and Conditions without prior notice at any time and the participant shall be bound to such changes.